Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is tomorrow and the kids have been hilarious this week with all of their talk of love and crushes. 

I had second grade girls whispering their crushes to me.  The boys they have crushes on are in fourth and sixth grade...I also had a girl drag me to a spot on the playground where no one could hear us and ask me very seriously "Who do you love?"

A boy in my class came up to me while he was supposed to be working and asked "Are you in love, or is it a crush."

I have no clue where they get this stuff since I never tell them about my dating life.  And they have been told multiple times that I don't have a boyfriend.  Silly kids. 

The funniest comments came from one of my boys who has an aunt who is 40 and not married.  He sees her and is very worried for me. First he told me to just say (I don't know where) "Does anyone need a girlfriend, I need a boyfriend."  He then proceeded to tell me that I just needed to go on Christian Mingle, but if I was over 50 I should go on Our Time.  Seriously, where does he come up with this stuff...I was cracking up.  That was yesterday and then today at recess he came up and asked me "So have you tried that new dating website out yet?"

The same student told me that I had to find a boyfriend, but not Annika's cousin (a student in my class has been trying to set me up with her cousin) by March 1st.  I asked him what would happen then and he told me that he would send us off to the temple to get married and then send us off to California.  Sounds good to me! haha

Another funny story from yesterday:

I was on Recess duty when a girl came up and told me that She and Taycee were going to name their daughters Katrina (my name).  I told her that when they did they would have to send me pictures.  On the way in from recess she came up to me and said "Miss Paul, when I get married and have a kid and name her Katrina won't you be dead?"  Haha, kids are great!

I am taking a personal day tomorrow to spend time with family this weekend, so I gave my students their valentines presents today.  I gave them each a pencil, some erasers, conversation hearts, and a friendship bracelet that I made for them.  They were so cute and so appreciative.  They all said thank you as I gave them their bag and then they were giving me hugs and having me sharpen their new pencils and tie their friendship bracelets on.  It was one of those perfect moments in a classroom.

I hope my kiddos have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!  I will miss being there to celebrate with them. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment