Monday, November 11, 2013

Love is in the Air

Today I found out that I will be getting a new student tomorrow.  I was preparing my class for that.  I told them that it was a girl.  A few seconds after that, one of the boys in my class turns to the boy next to him and says "I hope she's pretty."  I called him out on it (I knew he could handle it) and said "Michael, did you just say "I hope she's pretty."?  He responded that he did and the whole class was laughing including him.  Another boy then pipes in and says, "I hope she isn't fat." 

The "pretty" comment made me laugh.  I'm pretty sure none of us were worried about that type of stuff when I was in second grade, but I guess times are changing.

The "fat" comment made me sad.  What has the media and society done to warp our brains?!  And it is starting so young!

Apparently last week there was a girl in my class who kissed a boy in my class on the cheek.  Today as they were coming back from Library she was hugging him the whole way in the hallway, until she saw that I saw it.  She sat next to him on the carpet and was trying to lay her head down on her lap.  I stopped that one.  What the heck?!

Another kid in the class was talking about how one of the boys in the class had a girlfriend...oh my.

I don't even know what to do about all these crushes and all this love! haha Kids are the best and I am so lucky that I get to be in their presence so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment