Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Love These Funny Kiddos

It's been way too long, so here are some of the ones that I remember:

I got a new student a couple of weeks ago.  The day before I was telling my students about the new student.  I told them that it was a girl.  I heard one of the boys in the class whisper to another boy "I hope she's pretty."  I called him out on it and said "Did you just say that you hope she is pretty?!" (I knew that it wouldn't embarrass him)  He said that he did and the whole class had a good laugh, myself included.  He was also really hoping that the new girl would sit next to him. 

One of my students came up to me a while back and said "I don't get why it is called 101 Dalmatians if there are only 15 Dalmatians."  Good point kiddo.

A few days ago there was honestly a chorus of coughing going on in my classroom, it was ridiculous.  I couldn't even talk because the coughing was so loud, so I laughed instead.  One of the girls in my class who wasn't sick chimed in and said "I'm catching a cold every second I'm here."  I knew how she felt, how do you survive the day without getting sick when everyone is coughing around you left and right...

I had a girl stay in during recess to work on an assignment yesterday.  She was humming the song "Kiss the Girl" (the boy she likes was in the room, he was sick and couldn't go outside).  She said that she loved the song.  When I asked her why she said "Because it's romantic, and I just love everything romantic."  She then proceeded to explain that she loves kissing, but not seeing it when people are starting to kiss. haha.

I love my students!  I am THE luckiest.  I can't believe that I get to be their teacher and that I get to do something I love so much every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment