Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Lost Lost Tooth

In second grade kids are loosing teeth left and right!  It seems that on some days half of the "good news" that I let them share in the morning is "I have a loose tooth" or in the case of this morning "I have 5 loose teeth". 

At the end of each day I have the students clean up the classroom.  They move the lunch clips, stack their chairs, clean off their desks, straighten the bookshelf and clean up the floor. 

Last week we were cleaning up and one of my students shouts out "Miss Paul, I found a tooth."  I didn't believe him at first, but sure enough he came and showed it to me and it was a tooth.  I asked if anyone in the class had lost their lost tooth, but nobody had.  When he asked me what to do with it, I told him "Put it in the lost and found."  What is one to do with a lost tooth that's gone M.I.A? 

Someone told me that I should have told him to keep it and put it under his pillow to see if the Tooth Fairy would come.  Can the Tooth Fairy be tricked like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment